Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

He's Not The Only One In The Sea So Baby GO FISH


Almost any song with Karina Pasian has my approval but oddly enough for once KP wasn't the one who had my ears on this one. Although I love my grammy-award-nominated Dominican, Skye Townsend most definitely had my attention..well of course she should since it is HER song but y'all know I love me some Karina! Skye's latest release titled 'Go Fish' from her newly released EP 'Vomit' tells the tale of a girl whose good friend is dating her abusive ex, and Miss Townsend is trying to convice her to leave him, with the help of Chris O'Bannon who is the good guy who will never get the chance he wants with Karina because she refuses to leave her boyfriend. Instead of telling the story from one angle you hear it from three different perspectives which in my opinion is genius. The video itself is quite simple, and I'm going to assume from a media perspective the editor chose to have it in black and white to show the seriousness of the situation. The lyrics are deep and I was beyond amazed with Skye's rapping skills, I wasn't expecting that at all, she reminded me of Evonne Hunnicutt from Atlanta duo, Myxx - soothing to the ears, and Chris made me fall in love... yes baby I can picture us miles and miles away on a beach too ;).

Anywho, check out our generation's equivalent of Eve's 'Love Is Blind' and tell me what you think!

Don't forget to follow these three inspirations on twitter! @SkyeTownsend, @KarinaPasian & @CNGOBannon... follow us while you're there too @SolidMixMedia!

CrazySexyRude
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive